Monique helps individuals obtain appropriate compensation for workplace injuries, work-related psychological conditions and occupational diseases, and has secured significant victories for working people through judicial review of workers’ compensation decisions and challenges to Workers Compensation Board policy.
Some of Monique’s notable workers’ compensation cases include:
- Bendera v. Workers’ Compensation Appeal Tribunal, 2018 BCSC 552
- British Columbia (Workers’ Compensation Appeal Tribunal) v. Fraser Health Authority, 2016 SCC 25, 2014 BCCA 499
- Lalli v. British Columbia (Workers’ Compensation Appeal Tribunal), 2010 BCSC 1501
- Cowburn v. British Columbia (Workers Compensation Board), 2006 BCSC 722
- WCAT-2012-01017 and WCAT-2012-01018 (successful challenges to the WCB’s policy on the payment of interest)