Monique has represented clients in appeals that engage a range of issues in public and private law, including issues arising under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, the ability of Canadians to sue in Canada for acts of torture in foreign states, housing rights for low-income people with disabilities, and a variety of administrative law matters.
Some of Monique’s appeal-level matters include:
- British Columbia (Workers’ Compensation Appeal Tribunal) v. Fraser Health Authority, 2016 SCC 25 and 2014 BCCA 499
- Dudley v. British Columbia, 2016 BCCA 328
- Kazemi Estate v. Islamic Republic of Iran, 2014 SCC 62
- R. v. Appulonappa, 2014 BCCA 163
- Canada (Attorney General) v. PHS Community Services Society, 2011 SCC 44 and 2010 BCCA 15
Monique takes pride in crafting persuasive written and oral arguments to promote her clients’ interests, and welcomes the opportunity to collaborate with trial lawyers whose clients require effective representation on appeal.